Recently, there have been some updates on the code of practice for employment. Listed below are the main amendments:
- Increasing the maximum penalty on Employment Agencies (EAs) for overcharging job-seekers or operating without a license
- Extending the scope of the offence of overcharging job-seekers
- Extending the statuary time limit for prosecution of the offence of overcharging job-seekers and unlicensed operation of EAs
- Providing a legal basis for the code of practice for employment agencies
- Setting out new grounds for C or L to refuse to issue, renew or revoke a license
The details of the above code of practice are mentioned in the booklet ‘Code of Practice for Employment Agencies’, which will be sent to all employment agencies from the Labour Department.
If you have any questions or want to seek professional business advice about an Employment Agency’s License, please contact Centre O at email@example.com. We are always here to support you for any business enquiries.