Chinese visa is essential for travelling to China. Applicants are required to submit one recent photo and there are requirements for the visa photo. According to the Consular Department of the People’s Republic of China,
- Photo should be taken within the last 6 months
- Photo should have white background
- The face, neck and the upper shoulder of applicants should be clear in the photo. E.g. No hair in the face, no earrings.
- The facial expression should be natural with eye open
- Eyeglasses are accepted only if it is not tinted and thick rimmed.
- There should not be any glare, shadow and frame obscuring the eyes
- No head coverings are accepted except for religious reasons.
- No other accessories are accepted.
Here below are some unaccepted examples: