The Key Controller is an individual appointed to exercise direct control over the entity, by participating in the governance or senior / executive activities of the business.
Key Controller typically sets the strategic direction of the entity and exercises control jointly with other directors or senior executives.
It can be a corporate entity.
Key Controllers include:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Managing Director
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Head of Finance
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Head of Operations
- Managing Partner
- Chairman / Deputy Chairman of the Board
- Chairman of the Audit / Remuneration / Risk Committee
- Authorised Signatory with sole signing authority
- Powers of Attorney