Training visas might be an option for you to consider if you wish to employ a foreign national for an internship in your Hong Kong company.
Anyone who wishes to enter Hong Kong for training to acquire skills and knowledge needs a 12-month training visa, and acquiring such a visa is a joint process.
To qualify for application, you and your intern must meet the following requirements:
- No security objection and no known record of serious crime with respect to the applicant;
- The “bona fides” of the applicant and the sponsoring company are satisfied;
- You, the sponsoring company, are a well-established company capable of providing the proposed training;
- There is a contract signed by both you and the applicant for the visa, your intern;
- You, the sponsoring company, guarantee in writing the maintenance and repatriation of the applicant, and that the applicant will receive training in the sponsor’s premises until the end of the agreed-upon period, after which the applicant will return to his/her place of residence; and
- The proposed duration and content of the training programme can be justified.
If you have any questions or are seeking professional business advice, on training visas and many other topics, please contact Centre O at email@example.com. We are always here to provide you with various business support services.