Training visa might be an option for you to consider if you wish to employ a foreign national for an internship in your Hong Kong company.
In fact, whoever wishes to enter Hong Kong for training to acquire skills and knowledges for not more than 12 months, a training visa is needed. A person who fulfills the following requirements is eligible for application:
- No security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
- The bona fides of the applicant and the sponsoring company are satisfied.
- The sponsoring company is a well-established company, capable of providing the proposed training.
- There is a contract signed between the sponsoring company and the applicant.
- The sponsoring company guarantees in writing the maintenance and repatriation of the applicant and that the applicant will receive training in the sponsor’s premises until the end of the agreed period, after which the applicant will return to his/her place of residence; and
- The proposed duration and content of the training programme can be justified.
If you have any question and want to seek for professional business advice, please contact Centre O at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to support you for various business supporting services.